Shouldering Shame & Challenging False Narrative by Monroe Howard, LMSW
Monroe Howard, LMSW • 27m
Societal norms and narratives are powerful tools to perpetuate shame. Our past experiences with shame can shape how we see ourselves in the present. In this Lab you’ll learn:
1. How to understand the emotional experiences of shame and guilt
2. Tools to counteract shame instilled in us through societal norms, narrative and institutions.
3. How to bring consciousness and awareness to where shame shows up in our lives.
Up Next in Monroe Howard, LMSW
Discomfort & Growth by Monroe Howard,...
Growth and change are not always comfortable or easy. Growth can mean stepping outside of your comfort zone and challenging what you think you know. In this Lab, you’ll learn:
1. The difference between discomfort and growth
3. Tips to navigate discomfort in order to experience...
Don't Chase Perfection by Monroe Howa...
Trying new things can be scary. A lot of people assume they have to be “good” or the “best” at new jobs, hobbies, or routines, and the fear of failing may stop them from even trying. In this Lab, you’ll learn:
1. How to identify and challenge your fear of failure
2. Embrace your capacity to mak...