As a licensed psychologist, Dr. Ebony uses her expertise to help Black women and other women of color survivors thrive in trauma recovery. Blending systems and trauma-informed interventions with culture-focused interventions, Dr. Ebony helps clients work through a variety of issues related to depression, anxiety, and other stress responses.
Exercise and Movement to Enhance the Mind/Body Connection by Dr. Ebony Butler
In this Lab, you'll learn:
- To identify how they can use exercise as a tool to improve their mood
- How our relationship with food impacts how we think and feel about exercise
- How our relationship with movement and exercise impacts how we engage with food
The Mind and Body Connection by Dr. Ebony Butler, Ph.D.
Did you know that your thoughts, emotions, and mental health can impact your physical health, and vice versa? Being aware of the mind/body connection can be key for improving mental health and wellness. In this Lab, you’ll learn:
1. How to complete a body scan, and listen to your body from head ...
Have you ever doubted yourself, talked yourself down, or felt that you weren’t worthy? Negative self-talk can hold you back from achieving your goals, and impact your mental health. In this Lab, you’ll learn:
1. To define negative self-talk and identify when it’s happening
2. When to challenge y...
Use Your Values to Guide Your Relationship With Food by Dr. Ebony Butler, Ph.D.
When was the last time you reviewed your values - the set of beliefs and principles that guide you? Being able to identify and live our core values can help us when we are stuck. In this Lab, you’ll learn:
1. To identify your own values
2. To define your values around food and your own body